Tuesday we had an excellent zone conference. We talked about faith which was very enlightening. I went on an intercombio this week. We started off the intercombio by eating in a members house... oh my gosh FOOD. I should have taken a picture. The appetizer was nuts and cookies and oreos and peanut butter and cream cheese.. etc. Then we had lunch of rice and beans and pasta and salad and different salad and chicken. so yummy. And then after we had sweet beans for dessert which I have been scared of my whole mission... I mean sugar with beans? I don't think so. I have been missing out though because it was sooo good. Basically blended beans with sugar and cinnamon and cloves and all kinds of good stuff.
Intercomcombios were great and I got to go out with hermana mieses who is a really funny Dominican. We laughed a ton. But she also taught me a lot. One thing she said that I really liked was... God calls weak people.. so true in every aspect. God calls us when we are weak. If we were capable we wouldn't learn anything right? So I asked hermana mieses how old she was and she told me she was 21 and in my head I was thinking "wow, that's old." Then I remembered I turn 21 in less than a month... ahhhh noooo. Let's just all forget about my birthday. Don't say anything, don't send me anything and I can keep being 20. okay? okay.
One day this week on our way home an old white man stopped us and was clutching his heart. At first I thought he was having a heart attack but then he told us like 6 times that he was scared for us and that we needed to be careful walking in the streets. He looked so scared and then we were scared so we ran home and then locked ourselves in our house. Pray for us not to die everyone. We have this one convert named DV and he is super great and he has 10 times in the iglesia and has SO much fe (he has come to church 10 times and has so much faith.) He is a good one. Also there is a recent convert named Af. He told us his conversion story last night and WOW. He said he started meeting with the missionaries because he had time on his hands but he didn't actually want to be baptized. But over time he knew that it was right and now he says knows the church is true and he cant explain it and he can't deny it. It was incredible¡ I think pianitini is full of Af's. People who think they don't need the gospel or don't know they need the gospel.
love you all and have a great week¡
No comments:
Post a Comment