So... unlike savanna I did not go on vacation this week. Summer has officially started and we sweat SO much. It's so hot and humid and it's only getting worse but I still would rather be here than Ukraine. So we deal. This week, like every other week here in our lovely Piantini, we contacted a lot. But Y. came back from the campo so we were happy. We taught her about prophets and she has been loving general conference. It's nice that people here have computers and things like that. We had a lesson with our new York investigator named JB. He wanted a book of Mormon in English so we had to literally run down to the temple store from a lesson but we got there late and it was closed so then we knocked doors in the ccm and we accidentally knocked the Freestones, the ccm president, door. So she gave us her husband's book he had been reading out of. Don't know if he was using it anymore but it was full of awesome notes. I was so tempted to keep it but we gave it to JB and he was SO excited. He had read some article about a girl who left the church because she couldn't have the priesthood so we talked all about that and roles as men and woman and it actually turned out to be a really awesome lesson. He said he was going to give the Spanish bom we gave him to his wife so we are so excited to work with their family. Also, we called one of the F.s who didn't live in our area to get his address but it turns out he actually does live in our area. He has two houses or something. So we get to teach him¡ During our lesson he kept saying how cool it was that Christ came to America and how he never new it. Ya it's cool. And we had it in a members house which meant BROWNIES. yum.
So Thursday we had a jam packed day. Two new references and two lessons with members and also some without members. We did a lot of running around and I felt SO sick. We had a lesson with Elder Cornishes references but with a different member because the Cornishes are out of town. He finished the book of Mormon.... but he doesn't want to pray about it. We are working on helping him feel and change by the spirit. Anyway, we left that lesson and they drove us to another lesson with a different member. As we were entering the building I felt so sick and I had to run out and throw up in the rocks. AGAIN. I haven't gotten super sick on my mission at all but I always seem to be throwing up in the street. Ugh, it's the worst and so embarrassing but it was like 9 and there was no one in the streets so I hope no one saw. We had a really great lesson with her. Her name is LDA, or light of dawn. Dominicans are so cute¡ But she felt bad that I was sick so at the end she gave me gatorade. Error. I was praying so hard in the elevator and then I had to bolt for the rocks again. Yup, embarrassing . But no worries, I think it was just a one day thing.
W is great. went to church again. Sunday was hermana Huish's birthday so we had cake and went and ate spaghetti and cake and brownies at a members house named the Hunsakers. Man they are so funny and I was laughing so hard the whole time. They have a little red headed 5 year old who kept saying the most random things and it was so funny. And during the lesson we asked him what made him happy and he thought about it and said being with my mommy and daddy. It was so dang cute. We put balloons everywhere in the house and put confetti above her door so when she opened it it spilled on her head. Hahah, like parent trap. Also hermana Smith and I gave talks in church and taught a lesson and it was a good day¡ Good week, a lot of great new investigators and fun stuff going on. I hit 15 months this week... ahhh noo. But 3 months until I see all your lovely faces. love you all¡
No comments:
Post a Comment